Cardinal Health Warehouse Associate in Waukegan, Illinois
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Warehouse Operations is responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
Shift Details: Sunday-Thursday, 6pm-2:30am
- Follow established process to fulfill orders. This includes accurately picking products, performing quality control checks, packing products, and preparing orders for shipment.
- Cross-training in multiple areas of the warehouse and participating in projects as needed.
- Perform housekeeping and inventory control tasks and maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Willingness to train and be certified to drive material handling equipment as required by job duty. Example equipment in the facility includes order picker (cherry picker), forklift, reach truck, turret truck, pallet jack, and walkie rider
We are open to candidates with little to no warehouse experience. If you are comfortable working in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment you could be a great fit for our team. All training is provided starting your first day!
- Experience working with technologies like computers or point of sale systems a plus
- Comfort with heights up to 30 feet
- Ability to lift 30+ pounds
- High School Diploma/GED preferred
- Good written communication skills
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
- Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
- Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under moderate degree of supervision
- Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
- Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs