The Larson Group Fleet Manager in Sauget, Illinois
The Fleet Manager is responsible for the day to day oversight of various Customer’s Fleets. This position will coordinate break down efforts, reduce fleet down time and will act as the onsite corporate liaison between customers and Peterbilt/PACCAR. Travel will be required.
- Works with service departments to expedite repairs to customers’ fleet CMVs.
- Assist customer shop managers to develop training paths for fleet technicians.
- Analyze breakdown repairs to determine how to eliminate breakdowns in the future.
- Consult with Peterbilt regarding upcoming recalls, campaigns, and coordinate repairs.
- Ensures approved policies and procedures are clearly understood and effectively communicated to fleet shops.
- Maintain appropriate communications between the Customer Fleet, Peterbilt, and TLG.
- May hold individual conferences as required.
- Determine present and future needs, trends, and problems that may affect the fleet and take appropriate action.
- Direct and/or assist TLG service departments with repair information and parts sourcing needed to repair Customer Fleet vehicles.
- Review repairs and determine that repairs are being performed in a way to receive warranty or policy reimbursement.
- Coordinate and oversee that training programs are properly conducted in a timely manner and in accordance with Peterbilt guidelines.
- Formulate the major objectives, policies, plans and procedures on how to best assist the Customer Fleet in truck repairs.
This position works very closely with TLG Customer’s fleets and shop personnel. The Fleet Manager will communicate regularly with Peterbilt, TLG Service Managers and Service Department staff.
Must possess a high school diploma or GED. A College degree or a certificate degree from a trade school is strongly recommended. 3-5 years of experience in a management/operations position of Commercial Fleets is strongly recommended.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled