MV Transportation Classroom Trainer in Niles, Illinois
MV Transportation is seeking a Classroom Trainer to provide classroom instruction and behind-the-wheel instruction to new hire candidates and incumbent employees in defensive driving, passenger assistance, documentation, route planning/mapping, service area familiarization, emergency procedures and all aspects of a vehicle operator position.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assist in initial screening of new hire candidates to ensure that client and corporate qualifications are met and that training efforts meet the staffing needs of the project.
- Community outreach to identify potential new hire candidates as well as the most appropriate recruiting sources.
- Provide classroom instruction according to corporate and client specifications in all aspects of public transit commercial vehicle operation in the course of passenger transportation, including defensive driving, service area familiarization, passenger loading, unloading and securement, proper manifest documentation, use of on-board equipment, accident and emergency procedures, dispatch and radio communications, and passenger sensitivity.
- Provide monthly and/or annual ongoing/refresher training in topics relevant to the service and service area and in a timely manner.
- Assist safety and training department in identifying additional or refresher training needs based on current trends within the employee base.
- Ensure a fully equipped complement of vehicle operators to provide service according to the contract guidelines.
- Document all training activities and ensure accurate completion of all training related employee records.
- Establish relationships with key client agency personnel to identify additional training needs, resources and opportunities.
- Provide feedback and follow up for operator performance reviews and identify individual training needs where necessary.
- Assist the safety and training department in incident and collision investigations.
- Assist in maintaining an adequate and complete employee filing system and participate in audits and inspections.
* Talent Requirements:*
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous passenger transportation in current project or similar environment required.
- Previous commercial driving training experience required.
- Excellent safety and service record.
- Certified by the Department of Transportation (DOT) in "Instructor Course in Bus Operator Training" to teach classroom instruction and sign DMV documents. Certification is preferred, but not required.
- Must hold a valid Texas driver's license.
- Knowledge of local training program and local operations.
- Familiarization with service area.
- Knowledge of project specific vehicles, components and data/communications systems.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with all departments.
- Ability to work independently and objectively.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Niles, IL
Job Type: OtherTrainingTransportation
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 13/11/2020