Belle Tire Property Management Supervisor in Naperville, Illinois
To Connect with a recruiter today text "Apply" to 44844
JOB SUMMARY: Under general supervision of the Director of Property Management, Field Ops, the Property Maintenance/Equipment Supervisor is responsible for overseeing that all maintenance and equipment repairs are completed in a safe and efficient manner. This individual will also oversee and report on all new store construction and assist with new store openings throughout completion. In addition, this individual will be responsible for dispatching vendors for service and repairs for all stores in his/her market.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform visits to new store builds to ensure contractor is performing duties per blueprints and executing tasks per new store construction schedule.
- Complete training on all service area equipment as soon as possible, must have complete understanding of function, performance, safety, and vendors associated with each item.
- Must have the ability to identify building, property and equipment deficiencies while visiting locations, and executing the proper process for repair or replacement of all building and equipment needs.
- Must be willing and able to work in fast-paced, high-stress situations at times.
- Must be able to multi-task and communicate effectively with all departments, vendors, contractors, etc.
- Create orders for new stores, remodels, equipment changes, roll-outs on new items and follow through until completion.
- Daily review/dispatch/follow up of service requests submitted by stores.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills with little supervision, as well as suggesting better methods or products that could provide additional safety/revenue/time savings/productivity/longevity for the company.
- Identify potential safety hazards while visiting stores and immediately correct situations that could result in harm or death to employees or customers; ex. safety locks by-passed on hoists, trip hazards, incorrect storage of propane/oxygen tanks, equipment or supplies blocking electrical panels, emergency exit doors, egress paths, etc.
- Find or suggest local vendors that can provide service or repairs for multiple stores in different regions.
- Mapping and tagging of utility shut-offs so store team understands what to shut down in the event of an emergency.
- Coordinate vendors as necessary for projects or equipment replacements to provide lowest amount of disruption to store and customers as possible.
- Develop or implement methods that could improve store conditions or challenges that a particular store may be having.
- Must be able to work alone and unsupervised, as well as working in a team environment.
- Safety management and reporting.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or minimum five (5) years of experience in construction and/or facility management
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience required.
- Experience with OSHA and safety regulations required.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong PC skills, including proficiency with Word, Excel, Microsoft Office is a must!
- Technical training in the areas of electrical, mechanical, plumbing and other related fields.
- 3-5 years of experience in facility maintenance; engineering or project construction with lead responsibilities.
- Thorough knowledge of building automation systems, equipment maintenance procedures and maintenance program management.
- Experience working in a retail-based company.
- General knowledge of electrical, mechanical, plumbing, blueprints and related building trades.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, including ability to resolve disputes and observe confidentiality, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to handle multiple activities and tasks in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a changing environment.
Working Conditions: Work hours are typically 7:30am to 5:00pm, Monday-Friday with one On-call Saturday every other month. This position will require additional hours when necessary to maintain workload and individual must answer company provided cell-phone 24/7 should an emergency arise.
A company vehicle will also be provided along with a laptop, and all other accessories/tools as needed for the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled