System One Services Material Handler in Naperville, Illinois
Material HandlerNaperville, IL
Category:Warehouse & Distribution
Compensation Range:18.00 - 20.00
Function: Production & Supply
To provide same day turnaround of receipts/shipping of stock and Cores. To generate and complete accurate cycle counts. Complete all data transactions within the same day.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
· Receive, unpack, and verify receipts against packing slips, generate goods receipt.
· Quarantine receipt management/ and notification to the buyer responsible for resolution.
· Store materials in warehouse, rotate/consolidate parts, maintain age control and update bin locations daily.
· Pick, Pack, crates and ships various parts/products.
· Operate forklift and related warehouse equipment; inspect daily for maintenance issues.
· Perform daily cycle counts and participate in Physical inventory when required.
· Perform data entry of warehouse movements.
· Quality pick and pack audits order line items.
· Assure the accuracy of shipments of routine and non-routine orders.
· Support materials management of refurbishment process and materials for internal repair.
· Support production and assembly of kits for various customer and internal projects.
· Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work area.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Perform all receiving functions, counting, identifying and data entry to generate receipts.
Perform warehouse functions, filling orders and requisitions.
Perform all shipping functions, pick, pack, data entry to generate carrier label. Generate International documentation for shipment.
Data entry of Post Goods issue, transfer posting, and other transactions.
Schedule and provide appropriate documents for International/Domestic shipments.
Some problem solving, and scheduling.
Provide support to Customer Service. Provide same day call back and provide same service to any inquiry.
Maintain shipping supply inventory.
Observe all safety rules and practices.
Packaging of dangerous goods and assists Transportation Carriers with providing Government Documentation and Security endorsements as needed to accompany shipments.
Perform special projects upon request.
Maintain good housekeeping skills.
Participate in cross-functional teams when applicable.
Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certified in Hazardous Materials a plus.
Two (2) years knowledge of Warehouse operations.
Current forklift certificate is required.
A thorough knowledge of Warehouse operations.
Understanding Domestic and International shipment requirements with Government Agencies and our Company policies.
Confidentiality, reasoning, language, multi-tasking, scheduling, follow-through, verbal communication, decision-making and problem solving. A flexible and professional manner
Must have personal computer skills (word /excel and SAP or an ERP equivalent).
Good phone skills; good written/verbal communication and math skills.
Warehouse environment; noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Inventory software and Order processing systems.