Walgreens Manager Inbound/Outbound, Distribution Center in MOUNT VERNON, Illinois
Inbound responsibilities include the areas of Receiving, Replenishment, Put-away and Split Case Stocking. Outbound responsibilities include the areas of Shipping, Full and Split Case Picking, RX and Specialty Picking.
• Executes and supports strategic plans as directed by the Manager of Operations and General Manager. Provides strategic goals and direction to Function Managers. Works effectively with all levels and shifts of management to ensure DC pyramid goals are met.
• Develops reviews and recommends methods of operational improvement involving equipment, systems, corrections, activities and practices within function areas within their responsibility. Emphasizes safety in all aspects of the operation through direction and review.
• Manages volume and work through supervision of employee movement to meet all service, cost and quality requirements providing service to stores or consumer. Ensures organizational structure by input on hiring and placement, scheduling, work assignments and delegation.
• Effectively mentors and develops Function Managers and employees through training, establishes goals and communicates policies and procedures while developing employee morale, motivation, commitment.
• Recommends implements and audits Company policies and procedures designed to identify and minimize inventory loss.
• Measures performance compliance and requirements and directs appropriate actions by function managers to maintain performance at or above required levels.
• Prepares, recommends and maintains budget and purchase responsibilities for areas of responsibility, while measuring and adjusting based on performance.
• Plans, recommends, directs and reviews function areas’ payroll, expense and operational budget.
• Ensures compliance with all national, state and local laws and regulations, such as OSHA, DEA, and FDA. Ensures fairness and consistency through application of policies and procedures. Maintains appropriate and required records for function areas under his/her responsibility.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners. An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
Job ID: 461853BR
Title: Manager Inbound/Outbound, Distribution Center
Company Indicator: Walgreens
Job Function: Supply Chain/Distribution
Full Store Address: 5100 LAKE TER NE,MOUNT VERNON,IL 62864
Full District Office Address: 5100 LAKE TER NE,MOUNT VERNON,IL,62864-09679-00008-W
External Basic Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of experience in a distribution, warehousing or logistics environment OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 4 years of experience in a distribution, warehousing or logistics environment.
At least 2 years of experience with distribution product flow.
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
At least 2 years of management experience with responsibility for more than one departments including workforce planning and performance.
• Experience with outbound responsibilities, including Shipping, Full and Split Case picking, Pharmacy and Specialty picking.
• Experience with inbound responsibilities, including replenishment, put-away and split case stocking.
• Group facilitation experience with Performance Improvement Teams.
• At least 2 years of experience with cutting-edge material handling equipment.
• At least 2 years Lean experience in a manufacturing or logistics environment.
• Experience with Statistical Process Control including data analysis, charting, and control methodology.
- Walgreens Jobs