DSI Security Services Security Officer / Valet (M-F 1st Shift) - Marion, IL (operations) in Marion, Illinois
Security Officer / Valet (M-F 1st Shift) - Marion, IL
Marion, IL, United States of America
DSI believes that success is bred in the recruiting, selection, supervision, and training of each and every employee. Believing in the need for ongoing and perpetual training helps to set DSI apart from its competitors. Many companies give testimonials about their commitment to customer service and employee satisfaction but few deliver on that promise. That is where the DSI motto, “DWYSYWD”, comes into the picture. Simply stated, DSI strives to “DO WHAT YOU SAY YOU WILL DO”.
The staff at DSI believes that if we understand the culture and mindset of our customers then we can more easily create a unique service solution to reflect it. DSI strives to create a work experience for our employees reflecting the work culture, principles, and values of our clients as well as of DSI, and based upon this, we screen employees for skills, philosophies, and attributes that reflect both. In doing so, we believe DSI delivers employees and service mutually beneficial to everyone.
Job Skills / Requirements
DSI Security is currently hiring Security Officers / Valets in the Marion, IL area. This is a full-time 1st Shift position. Pay is $11.00/hr. Benefits include Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance. You will also have the availability of 401k (w/ company match). DSI will provide paid vacations, free uniforms, paid training.
All interested Valet Candidates must meet the following requirements:
• Must be at least 21 years old.
• Must have High School Diploma or GED.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Must have a clean driving record for the past 5 years.
• Must be able to pass Criminal and Drug Screenings.
• Must have reliable means of transportation and telephone.
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be capable of standing or walking for twelve hours with no limitations on “normal” bending, lifting, climbing stairs, or stooping.
• Must have the ability to drive all styles, sizes, and vehicle transmission types (manual or automatic).
Valet duties and responsibilities:
• Present oneself in a professional manner through appearance and conduct.
• Provide excellent customer service and make a positive first impression and a lasting final impression.
• Greet guests in a professional and courteous manner as they arrive in their automobiles, and open doors for them so that they can disembark.
• Inquire from quests their car parking needs.
• Provide guests with valet information.
• Take car keys from guests, tag them with predefined numbers and ensure that a tag is issued to them.
• Ask guests if there is any specific information that they need to provide regarding car alarms or behavior.
• Drive guests’ vehicles to designated parking locations in a safe manner.
• Ensure that cars are properly parked, making sure that sufficient space is left between automobiles.
• Lock parked cars and recheck locks to ensure their security and secure keys in the designated areas.
• When guests return to retrieve their vehicle obtain tags from guests and locate their vehicles in the parking lot.
• Drive cars back to the pick up or entrance area, verify identity of the owner, and follow procedures for returning the keys and vehicle to the owner. Open car doors for guests so they can enter their vehicle.
• When needed, assist guests in changing tires and jump starting vehicles that may have broken down while in the vicinity of the facility.
• Call for cabs or tow trucks when requested.
• Ascertain the cleanliness and maintenance of parking lots to ensure both guest and vehicle safety.
• For guests who choose to park their own vehicle, escort them to their vehicles when requested in order to ensure safety.
• Patrol parking areas to determine suspicious activities and ensure the overall safety of parked vehicles.
Additional Information / Benefits
401k Plan - With DSI match
Superior Service Awards and Recognition
Officer of the Month and Year Awards
DSI Security is a Drug Free employer and complies with all applicable laws regarding affirmative action and equal opportunity in all its activities and programs and does not discriminate against anyone protected by law because of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, handicap, or status as a veteran or disabled veteran.
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
This is a Full and Part-Time position
1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.