Argonne National Laboratory Material Handling Specialist in Lemont, Illinois
Material Handling Specialist
Requisition Number: 409041 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Facilities/Security/Waste Management Division: FAC-Facilities Division
Employment Category: Regular Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
Level (Grade): 019410 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
Argonne National Laboratory has a great opportunity for a Material Handling Specialist position within the Shipping and Receiving Department.
In this role you will:
- Receipt, store and dispense materials according to prescribed procedures. Receive incoming material, unload, receipt, sort, and apply delivery labels.
- Operate a computer utilizing PARIS, AMOS and Chemical Tracking systems. Interact in a professional manner with customers and other support division personnel.
- Operate gasoline or electric lift trucks.
- Deliver or arrange for delivery of direct purchase parcels to requestor.
- Contact supervisor and/or requestor for direction on acceptability of damaged or missing items.
- Recommend addition, deletion, or change in level of stock items in accordance with usage.
- Perform miscellaneous related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interface with diverse internal and external sources.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with colleagues and customers.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and handle multiple assignments to meet priorities and schedules.
- Proficient knowledge of personal computer operations in using Argonne’s procurement and tracking systems.
- Ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
While this description documents the general nature of work, it is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities required of job incumbent. Consequently, job incumbent may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
Argonne National Laboratory
- Argonne National Laboratory Jobs