Rehrig Pacific Company RSO Machine Operator - 928 in Joliet, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/7834592 Here at Rehrig Pacific, we are all about our people. Since 1913, our organization has focused on sustainable supply chain solutions while creating a culture and atmosphere where amazing people, like you, are celebrated for doing their best work. Rehrig Pacific has grown to meet the needs of our industry consumers across the country and internationally. We are constantly creating innovative solutions to transcend the new standards set forth by our customers. We find true fulfillment in helping others, both within the Rehrig Pacific family and in our communities. As servant leaders, we lead by example.
n1ST SHIFT (7:00AM-3:30PM) n
• Conduct all activities and perform all job duties and functions following strict adherence to established, company implemented safety behaviors, processes, and procedures.
• Operation of a large, industrial, pallet sorting machine.
o Sort pallets accurately and efficiently, based on appropriate manufacturer, quality, and grade, as determined through visual and hands-on inspection process.
o Some manual, hand-sorting of pallets will also be required.
• May be required to operate a Forklift, in a safe and efficient manner (training and certification to be provided).
o Load/unload trailers, moving pallets, freight, products, supplies, etc.
• Perform sanitation, "Clean as You Go," and good housekeeping practices.
• Ability to lift 70 lbs. consistently throughout duration of shift.
• Ability to effectively perform a job requiring consistent, repetitive motion, bending, twisting, and lifting.
• Production-based position; must be able to effectively meet minimum production and quality requirements.
• Any other duties as assigned by site leadership.
• Able to effectively work within a diverse team environment.
nSkills & Knowledge: n
• Prior experience with machine operation preferred, but not required.
• Prior Forklift experience and certification preferred, but not required.
• Experience in fast-paced, production based warehouse or manufacturing environment preferred.
nJob Requirements: n
• High School Diploma, GED, or comparable work related experience preferred.
Rehrig Pacific Company is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also here. (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated\_files/employers/poster\_screen\_reader\_optimized.pdf)