Cogent Infotech Warehouse Worker in Hanover Park, Illinois
Warehouse worker 1 position follows all standard operating procedures (SOP's) to complete all internal and external customer requests. Position will be in one of the functional areas of the warehouse including receiving, picking, packing and shipping.
• Processes orders according to priority set by Supervisor/Group Lead in order to meet
• Receive, picks, packages, and labels shipments according to the Distribution SOP and work instructions
• Maneuvers picking cart or powered industrial truck to various locations throughout the Distribution Center to locate materials and fulfill orders
• Completes paper documentation requirements for packing and shipping of hazardous
• Practices good housekeeping and keeps inventory neat, clean, and orderly.
• Completes paper documentation requirements as outlined by Distribution SOP's
• Verifies proper storage conditions of products and notifies Supervisor of any inventory issues that may arise such as Can't Finds, Expired Product, Breakage, and Out-Of-Stocks.
• Assist other team members, as needed, to ensure customer satisfaction including maintaining sufficient employee relations and teamwork.
The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills, and/or ability. To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to complete each essential duty in a satisfactory manner and work in a team environment. Must be proficient in all aspects of distribution and departmental standard operating procedures.
• General warehouse experience is preferred.
• Prior experience operating a powered industrial truck, preferably a cherry picker.
• Preferred experience in computers and scanning equipment.
• Must be able to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Must be able to work independently and possess problem solving abilities.
• Ability to constantly stand and move around department required.
• Frequent walking, stooping, bending and reaching required.
• Regular, reliable and predictable attendance necessary for adequate scheduling and
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
• Worker must be able to read and write in English.
• Lifts, carries, pulls and pushes up to 40 - 70 pounds frequently and 100 pounds
occasionally with or without accommodation.