FleetPride Distribution Center Associate I in Elgin DC, Illinois
FleetPride is the largest after-market distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in the U.S. with some of the best and brightest people in the business! Partner with the best in the heavy-duty industry and apply today!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pull and organize branch and customer orders for delivery from warehouse by part number and quantity as directed by picking ticket in priority assigned.
- Manually, load or unload materials onto or off pallets, skids, platforms or lifting devices. Stock and maintain inventory items in designated warehouse storage areas.
- Weigh materials or products and record weight and other production data on tags and labels. Clean and maintain supplies, tools and equipment and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Minimum of 2 year experience in shipping, receiving, shipment auditing, inventory control and stock replenishment
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Handling of normal stock will include lifting or carrying parts in excess of 60 lbs. up to 15% of the time. Majority of lifting and carrying will involve parts between 5 and 60 lbs.
Inside/Outside conditions, Varied Temperature Changes – Not climate controlled environment, Minimal Chemical Hazards, Vibration, Dust, Equipment Noise
OSHA approved steel-toed safety shoes required from the first day on the job.
PPE provided by FleetPride is required based upon the tasks being completed or as required when visiting customer locations.
- Cut Resistant Gloves
- Safety Glasses
- Steel Toe Shoes
- Chemical Resistant Gloves
- PVC Chemical Apron
- Face shield
FleetPride is the leader in the industry comprised of retail, service, distribution and wholesale divisions.
- Posted 18 Days Ago
- Full time