Progress Rail Services Corp. Operator III, Machine in Danvers, Illinois
Danvers, IL Trackwork - 303
This is a production shop environment working with steel materials for the production of railroad tracks and crossings. Previous experience working in a machine shop environment is helpful but not necessary. We provide on the job training to qualified applicants.
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow us @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Education / Training:
• HS Diploma preferred, or a combination of education and work experience.
Key Job Elements:
The desired candidate will be able to:
• Routinely lift up to 40 pounds & occasionally up to 60 pounds;
• Use manual grinders and other tools;
• Add, subtract, multiply and divide;
• Read a tape measure;
• Read micrometers, calipers or other precision measuring tools;
• Follow oral and written instructions;
• Work independently with minimum supervision;
• Maintain excellent attendance;
• Kneel, stoop, squat, reach both above and below shoulder height, push, pull, carry and stand for duration of shift;
• Stay focused and pay attention to detail in a loud working environment;
• Produce product to specifications according to drawings, BOM’s & work orders;
• Be comfortable with sustained physical work;
• Meet production standards.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum 6 months assembly/ production/ machine operator experience is preferred;
• Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision;
• Must be able to read and write legibly and complete production reports with accuracy;
• Strong attention to detail with ability to inspect rail using measuring devices;
• Must be quality oriented and a team player;
• Must have complete understanding of safe work practices.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Alternative Work Location:
Progress Rail Services Corp.
- Progress Rail Services Corp. Jobs