FedEx Warehouse Worker/ Material Handler -Full Time - $15.49 an hour plus benefits. AM shift - RC324262 in Chicago, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/7834558 Job Title: Warehouse Worker/ Material Handler -Full Time - $15.49 an hour plus benefits. AM shift
nJob Requisition Number: RC324262
nJob Family: FXE-US: Handler/Dockworker
nTime Type: Full Time
Provides safe and efficient operation of equipment used for the movement of packages/documents/heavyweight, dangerous goods and ULDs. Assists in the buildup/breakdown of pallets containing heavyweight freight. Serves as liaison between company and ULD repair vendor, as required.
Ability To Lift 50 Lbs. Ability To Maneuver Packages Of Any Weight Above 50 Lbs. With Appropriate Equipment And/Or Assistance From Another Person. Clerical Experience Including Typing And/Or General Office Administration Duties Preferred. Good Human Relations And Communication Skills. Ability To Successfully Complete All Basic And Re-currency Training. Experience Dealing With The Movement Of Heavyweight Freight Using Forklifts, Tugs And Other Loading/Unloading Equipment Preferred. The Ability To Communicate Both Timely And Effectively In A Noisy Operations Environment, Is Required. Since Operating Motorized Conveyances Is Required In This Job, Employee Must Possess A Valid Driver'S License (See Policy 4-48).
Non-Covered Safety Sensitive Position; Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
Days off and hours to be determined.
FedEx Express is an EEO/AA employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, age (except for bona fide occupational qualifications), sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or a related medical condition), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military leave or service, status as a disabled veteran or other covered veteran status, participation in EEO protected activity, any other status protected by federal, state, or local law, or association with a person on the basis of one or more of the foregoing.
FedEx Express is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodations to complete a profile or to submit responses to qualifying questions may contact Reginald Stewart at 1-866-730-1021.
Please click below to learn more about your rights as an Applicant under Federal Employment Laws:
+ Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
+ EEO is the Law Supplement
+ Pay Transparency Policy
+ Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
+ Employee Polygraph Protection Act
E-Verify Program Participant: FedEx Express participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. applicants and employees only).
Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program:
+ E-Verify Notice (bilingual)
+ Right to Work Notice (English) / (Spanish)
If you are applying in Philadelphia, PA, you can click below to learn about Philadelphia's fair chance hiring law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance FedEx Express will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
NEW YORK CORRECTION LAW
LICENSURE AND EMPLOYMENT OF PERSONS PREVIOUSLY CONVICTED OF ONE OR MORE CRIMINAL OFFENSES
Section 750. Definitions.
752. Unfair discrimination against persons previously convicted of one or more criminal offenses prohibited.
753. Factors to be considered concerning a previous criminal co viction; presumption.
754. Written statement upon denial of license or employment.
•750. Definitions. For the purposes of this article, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) "Public agency " means the state or any local subdivision thereof, or any state or local department, agency, board or commission.
(2) "Private employer " means any person, company, corporation, labor organization or association which employs ten or more persons.
(3) "Direct relationship " means that the nature of criminal conduct for which the person was convicted has a direct bearing on his fitness or ability to perform one or more of the duties or responsibilities necessarily related to the license, opportunity, or job in question.
(4) "License " means any certificate, license, permit or grant of permission required by the laws of this state, its political subdivisions or instrumentalities as a condition for the lawful practice of any occupation, employment, trade, vocation, business, or profession. Provided, however, that "license " shall not, for the purposes of this article, include any license or permit to own, possess, carry, or fire any explosive, pistol, handgun, rifle, shotgun, or other firearm.
(5) "Employment " means any occupation, vocation or employment, or any form of vocational or educational training. Provided, however, that "employment " shall not, for the purposes of this article, include membership in any law e