SMG Stewarding Coordinator in Chicago, Illinois
POSITION: Stewarding Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Assets and Distribution
REPORTS TO: Assets and Distribution Director
FLSA STATUS: Hourly; Non-Exempt; Full-Time
SAVOR...Chicago, the leading food service provider located at McCormick Place Convention Center has an immediate opening for a Stewarding Coordinator. This position is responsible for maintaining and coordinating the overall sanitation and organization of the kitchen areas in the back of house and its equipment, coordinating the distribution and return of products and equipment, and inventory control.
- Filling supply and food requisitions based on Banquet Event Orders and ensuring delivery to event locations in a timely manner while coordinating pick-ups.
- Supervises Banquet Stewards and Utility Stewards
- Coordinates with Banquet and Culinary Departments to meet show requirements and needs.
- Ensures proper equipment use and maintenance to prevent replacement costs.
- Establish daily work assignments for staff.
- Coordinate and oversee breakdown stations.
- Various duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent/Bachelor's Degree or Certification in Hospitality desirable.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Prior experience in an Union environment
- Must be able to stand and walk 90% of shift
- Must possess good computer skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Hourly Rate: $18-$20
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled