Artis Senior Living Driver in Chicago, Illinois
He/she is also responsible for the safe transportation of residents, day services client, and/or employees to and from the assisted living community during approved services to pre-determined destinations.
- Ensures that vehicles are regularly maintained to insure safe, working order.
- Maintains a logbook of all Environmental Services, problem list and incidents.
- Correctly completes driving request forms with resident confirmations.
- Strictly follows monthly transportation schedule and prohibits non-scheduled drop-off and pick-ups.
- Assists residents in and out of vehicle and provides assistance with parcels where required.
- Assures that resident requested deliveries to rooms are delivered promptly and at times which do not conflict with driving schedule.
- Insures that residents use seat belts in all vehicles at all times, if equipped.
- Follows proper reporting procedures in the event of an accident.
- Is aware of individual resident needs in ambulation. Reports noticeable changes in functioning to supervisor.
- Concerns his/herself with the safety of all residents in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also, ensures that the location adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the site’s fire, safety and disaster plans and by being familiar with current MSDS.
- Puts customer service first; ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights.
Performs all other duties as requested. SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
A minimum of a high school degree or graduation equivalent is preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years old and have a current Driver’s License with a good driving record.
- Certification in accordance with regulatory agencies governing the community.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.
- Current certification in accredited First Aid course and CPR. An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.