Essendant Maintenance Team Lead (8am-4pm) in Carol Stream, Illinois
Carol Stream, IL-Kimberly
Carol Stream, IL, USA
- Monitor activity to promote a safe work environment.
- Monitor tasks and workflow to ensure that department priorities and goals are met.
- Provide task-related guidance and direction to associates.
- Assist Manager/Supervisor with daily assessing, planning and scheduling of workflow.
- Advise Manager/Supervisor of observable associate performance and behavior.
- Keep Manager/Supervisor informed of operational issues and/or problems.
- Conduct training for new associates as needed.
- Communicate with affected Managers/Supervisors and associates of work to be performed and/or status of equipment; perform necessary equipment adjustments, repairs, modifications or preventative maintenance as appropriate; Observe and/or test the adjustments, repairs or modifications to ensure safe operation; Notify affected Managers/Supervisors.
- Understand and demonstrate Essendants' Values
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform all required tasks in the functions within the scope of Maintenance Associate 1, and Maintenance Associate 2
- Perform accountabilities and tasks of the function within established productivity requirements.
- Perform required tasks of function in accordance with applicable Standard Operating Procedures, rules or established processes.
- Perform accountabilities and tasks of the function within established quality guidelines and expectations.
- Run required equipment in a safe and controlled manner, i.e. Taylor Dunn, Material Handling Equipment, forklift, etc.
- Utilize appropriate technology in an effective manner in performance of the function.
- Obtain tools and materials required to perform the role.
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner, following all safety rules and guidelines.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and assist with housekeeping of the facility/work area.
- Assist and/or help out in other Distribution Center functions as required.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English.
- Must possess solid math and analytical/problem solving skills; Organizational prioritization skills.
- Ability to apply specialized skill training to make decisions and recommendations.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and CAD systems
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Certifications: Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, Conveyor, Fork Lift Repair
- Minimum five years general maintenance experience required.
- Warehouse/Distribution-related experience preferred.
6 years:6 years on conveyor or dock maintenance
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Posted: September 8, 2020