Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits Driver, Class A/B Route Delivery in Bolingbrook, Illinois
· Performs daily pre-trip and safety inspections on equipment prior to commencing route.
· Partner with routers to acquire delivery schedule and communicate delays, arrivals, and/or equipment problems as encountered.
· Drive established route to deliver wine, spirits, beer, and non-alcoholic beverage products to assigned customers.
· Resolve customer concerns/complaints regarding spoilage, breakage, and or incorrect product being sent from SWS warehouse.
· Assemble customer orders and place on hand truck to complete delivery cycle. Place product in storage and or account specific designated areas.
· Record route activity and produce accurate and thorough delivery records.
· Collect monies owed to SWS care of the account on a limited basis.
· Provide high level of service and explore additional business opportunities and new leads with customer and relay to sales force.
· Comply with company safety standards, Department of Transportation regulations, Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations, and warehouse delivery policies/procedures.
· Keep interior of truck organized and clean.
· Work flexible hours which include early morning (i.e. 4:00 a.m. – 6:00 a.m. start times), evenings, and/or weekends. Overnight travel as required. Additional hours required during the peak season of October, November and December.
· High School Diploma/GED and 2-5 years driving experience in a distribution environment.
· Must possess a Class A/B Commercial Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) and a minimum of two years of route delivery/driving experience.
· Adhere to all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements and the Federal Motor Carrier (FMC) guidelines.
· Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator.
· Language skills allow employee to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Provide high level of customer service to ensure accounts are satisfied with product and timeliness of deliveries.
· Able to regularly and consistently lift and carry 45-60+ pound cases of product.
· Competent working independently on a daily basis with minimal supervision.
Preferred Credentials :
· Previous delivery and distribution experience in the food and beverage industry.
· Familiarity with Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations.
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE Protected Veterans/Disability
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits
- Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits Jobs