Edible Arrangements PT Delivery Driver at Edible Arrangements in BENSENVILLE, Illinois
Our Delivery Drivers, or as we call them, Delivery Ambassadors, are individuals who are excited about celebrating experiences with our Guests. The ideal candidate is one who loves being the face of a company and is willing to help in any area needed. Our drivers are sticklers for maintaining a vehicle that is both visually and mechanically sound. You must possess strong communication skills, be able to work in a high-stress, time sensitive environment and be willing to adjust your day at a moment’s notice. You must be a courteous and safe driver and be fluent in Smartphones, POS systems, mapping systems and be spatially aware. This position is for our Elmhurst, IL location (we also have another location in Oak Park, IL). This position starts at $11/hour. We offer a 30-60-90 day performance program.
- Ensure timely delivery of arrangements to predetermined customers
- Review orders for quality and correctness prior to leaving the store
- Create routes that are optimized based on location and delivery types (ie businesses, schools, etc)
- Proactively communicate with manager about route delays, unsuccessful deliveries, vehicle issues, etc and make detailed notes on actions taken
- Log and create notes in an app based delivery system.
- During peak holiday season, act as a lead driver who will organize and manage several temporary employees and delivery truck organization
- Participate in social media engagement
- Light vehicle maintenance of the company vehicle including but not limited to changing wiper blades, changing bulbs, changing a tire, etc.
- Assist in in-store tasks which include but are not limited to wrapping arrangements, trash, cleaning, fruit prep
Help multiple store locations with deliveries in a single work day (occasionally). Requirements:
1 year of delivery experience in a mid-sized delivery vehicle (floral delivery experience a plus)
- Possess a valid drivers license
- Must be 21 years of age
- Provide a clean driving record for the past 3 years.
- Ability to lift 30 lb
- Must be fluent in all Smartphones, POS systems, mapping programs (Google Maps or Streets and Trips)
- Well groomed and professional in appearance
- Must be honest, have strong customer service skills, time management skills and can work independently as well as with a group
- Applicant must be available to work weekend and all major holidays (but no limited to) Christmas Eve, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Easter, etc. PLEASE NOTE AFTER YOU APPLY THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE A SURVEY VIA EMAIL - CHECK YOUR SPAM IF YOU DO NOT SEE IT