GCP Applied Technologies Warehouse Supervisor in Bedford Park, Illinois
- Supervise union drivers and interact with 3rdparty warehouse supplier personnel daily.
- Responsible for the accuracy of outgoing shipments, orders pulled, stocked, and receiving.
- Insure all deliveries are shipped per customer requirements including tracking key metrics (OTIF). Determine action plan as well as corrective actions for continuous improvement in department.
- Actively participate in all department functions including: Confirming of orders (SAP), dispatching of trucks, posting of deliveries (SAP), problem resolution, inventory management, good receipt (SAP), management of obsolete materials, tracking trailer rental and demurrage charges, tracking of trailers both at warehouse and off-site yard, calculating road use taxes, etc.
- Insure all loads are staged based on loading requirements to meet tight delivery windows. Keep up to date on all carrier changes and charges.
- Maintain inventory of all necessary shipping supplies. Assist all internal and external customers with situations that may arise.
- Insure all receipts and deliveries are posted in SAP within 24 hours of completion. Responsible for ensuring proper coverage in the department at all times. Continuous improvement within the department.
- Approve time cards weekly. Responsible for review and approval of all invoices associated with the warehouse operations including, but not limited to, trailer repair invoices, monthly rental charges, procurement card charges, safety supplies, etc.
- Insure all safety training is completed as needed and that all the employee in the department are following Safety policies; wearing the proper PPE.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor or other Plant Management.
One- or two-years’ experience supervising and working in a warehouse setting and with domestic shipping requirements for business transactions or equivalent experience in general office environment, including: telephone etiquette and computer skills (SAP, MS outlook, Word, Excel). Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS). Ability to lift over 40 pounds. Professional attitude.