ALDI Logistics Manager - Third Party Warehousing in Batavia, Illinois
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Every year, our trucks travel millions of miles taking products from warehouse to store. Our Logistics team navigates all the challenges that comes with it. With a dedication to sustainability, you can help them find new ways to keep everything moving smoothly. As we expand, this is your chance to join a team where your hard work is guaranteed to make a difference.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Assures the training, development, and performance of their team’s staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce that achieves their career objectives.
• Recruits and recommends qualified employees for their team’s staff positions.
• Approves all time-off requests for direct reports.
• Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their team to assure mutual understanding of desired results; resolves internal or external barriers that prohibit successful goal achievement.
• Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values, of the organization to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
• Prepares negotiations with domestic and international logistics service providers to achieve the best outcome for the company in conjunction with their leader.
• Assists their leader to coordinate with regions, warehouse partners, suppliers, and carriers to minimize freight costs.
• Assists their leader to develop key performance indicators to monitor logistics service providers, and to conduct periodical reviews with company logistics service providers in line with contracts.
• Assists their leader to create logistical guidelines.
• Consults with leadership on the development of their team's strategy.
• Advises leadership to source external vendors for applicable services when appropriate.
• Liaises with regions to ensure timely and efficient communication flow.
• Consults with the business to effectively design and streamline applicable processes within the organization.
• Keeps up-to-date on external best practices and relevant changes to their field/area; communicates updates to leadership.
• Manages company logistics service providers within contract guidelines, and monitors and records their performance.
• Reviews routes for operational viability and cost effectiveness monitoring logistics costs including fuel costs, freight costs and currency exchange rates.
• Resolves any service provision issues that may arise in consultation with their leader.
• Maintains a register of statutory requirements ensuring all information is up to date and ensures adherence to all legal requirements in their area of responsibility.
• Manages their team by driving projects and tasks to completion through effective prioritization, work planning, resource allocation, and cross-functional collaboration.
• Identifies cost-saving opportunities and potential process improvements.
• Serves as the primary link between their team’s staff and leadership to assure understanding of company goals, objectives, and opportunities for improvement.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or a related field.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Logistics and retail operations.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
• Knowledge of order management and consolidation technology.
• Knowledge of general warehouse operations, preferably in a third party logistics (3PL) environment.
• Microsoft Office Suite.
• Develops and maintains constructive working relationships with logistics service providers.
• Effectively guides employee performance to assure the quality and completion of work assignments.
• Ability to recommend, interpret, and apply ALDI operating policies and procedures.
• Minimal travel as needed.
• Entitled to claim travel expenses for due performance of the job duties and to pay for business partner’s expenses.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
- ALDI Jobs