Cardinal Health Supervisor, Warehouse Operations (Days) in Aurora, Illinois
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Warehouse Operations is responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
Your safety is our top priority. We regularly consult with medical professionals on best practices in COVID-19 prevention to protect our employees. We train our employees on these best practices and regularly clean our sites in accordance with CDC guidelines. Please note: All individuals entering our facilities are required to complete a self-health check, wear a mask and follow all posted guidelines.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of operations, or business support staff
- Administers and executes policies and procedures
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a direct impact on work unit operations and customers
- Frequently interacts with subordinates, customers and peer groups at various management levels
- Interactions normally involve information exchange and basic problem resolution
- Manages staff to ensure timely distribution and receipt of product while meeting distribution center standards of policies, procedures, and quality.
- Recommends and implements programs, policies, and strategies to increase production and efficient space utilization within the facility.
- Implements and administers all policies and procedures.
- Handles general employee inquiries and resolves concerns.
- Responsible for supervisory and employee population development, training, coaching, counseling and performance appraisals.
- Maintains positive employee relations.
- Must be flexible with work schedule to be a visible leader and maximize employee interactions for a multi shift distribution operation.
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors.
- Applies expertise to solve standard and non-standard problems within own area.
- Makes decisions, often difficult and/or unpopular, by carefully weighing pros and cons and acting for the benefit of the work team; coaches/supports subordinates in their decision-making efforts.
- Role models Cardinal Health's high ethical standards and code of conduct.
- Provides direction in discussing and creating development plans.
- Builds confidence and respect of others through a positive and energizing style.
- High school diploma required, degree preferred
- 1-2 years related experience
- Strong communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs